[pulseaudio-discuss] nomove property (for tunnels)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jan 11 13:17:36 PST 2009

Hi Lennart,

Does it make sense to add a "nomove" property to streams that UI apps
(and the server itself) should honour?

I'm thinking in the case of tunnels which open a connection to a
specific remote machines sinks, but which could then be moved to another
sink on that server.

While the zeroconf-publish module deliberately does not advertise local
tunnel sinks over the network to prevent loops, a loop could be
artificially created (by connecting to the remote server and moving the
stream that represents the tunnels connection). I've not tried this as I
think it may create a blackhole and embarrass the folks at Cern. Adding
a "nomove" property should solve this.

On a related note, can sinks have properties too?

If so, perhaps adding a "notunnel" property to sinks you do not want to
be tunnelled would be clever? That way the zeroconf publish code could
check this property rather than specifically checking for the
PA_SINK_NETWORK flag.

Just some idle thoughts.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]