[pulseaudio-discuss] sink input unlink hooks

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:47:21 PST 2009

Hi all,
I am trying to write a module that keeps track of all connections to a sink.
I started from the code in module-stream-restore.c, read detailed
explanations from Lennart and the hooks work well. Except for the unlink
hook. Somehow looking at the client name with the proplist causes a seg
fault. And when I look at the code in module-stream-restore, I see hooks
into the native protocol being used, along with subscriptions that
supposedly are a thing of the past. So my question is, in which cases should
these be used, and when are hooks into the core sufficient?
Thanks for your feedback
Pierre