[pulseaudio-discuss] why command_cork_playback_stream() will be invoked many times?

Zhang, Xing Z xing.z.zhang at intel.com
Tue Jan 20 18:51:09 PST 2009

Yes, I also agree with Lennart’s point.
>>I agree with you that pausing may create timing havoc on the client; but we are missing a generic protocol to notify the clients and implement this legitimate use case.
I am afraid there is no way to notify applications using ALSA due to the PA client is libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so at this time.

IMO, PA is for general OS but not for embedded system now. The requirement that internal pause an application is a natural to audio manager of embedded system. I guess we can only cover applications who will response the message "you should do pause now" from audio manager.