[pulseaudio-discuss] Forwarding bluetooth sink to alsa source and bluetooth source to alsa sink

Peter Kornatowski pkorn at gmx.net
Fri Jul 10 09:51:27 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have a following problem:
I have a debian lenny system with a PCMCIA voicecard (Sierra Wireless, to which I can directly connect a wired headset) with a 2G SIM card. Making calls to other phones works fine.
But I want to use my bluetooth headset (Jabra BT530) for the calls. I connect the headset through Pulseaudio (with module-bluetooth-device). Making SIP-calls with it (with Twinkle, not over the voicecard) works fine.
I have a cable for the voicecard so I can connect it to the line in and line out of the soundcard. Now I would have to somehow route the bluetooth headset source to the soundcard (alsa) sink and the alsa source to the headset sink, so that I could "speak" to the voicecard and get speech from it to the bluetooth headset.
I tried move-sink-input, but this just moves the output of a sink to another sink. Also all other commands and modules of Pulseaudio seem like they would not do the trick.
Does someone of you have any ideas? Do I have to use another program? If yes, which one?

Thanks a lot!
Greetings, Peter