[pulseaudio-discuss] [Fwd: Let's discuss the state of Audio on Linux - OSS and ALSA people]

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jul 12 16:55:33 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Luke Yelavich at 12/07/09 23:46 did gyre and gimble:
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 04:21:45AM EST, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 11/07/09 17:47 did gyre and gimble:
>>> http://www.4front-tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3199
>> I spent some time writing up my opinions. It would be good if other
>> people could do the same if they have anything to add.
>
> I'll have a read, but the fact that its on a forum and not a list makes me think that not many people will bother. Most of us who spend a lot of time on free software development, whether it be for a hobby or a day job, don't always have time for the inefficiencies a forum introduces, i.e myself. I feel much more comfortable jumping on a list and discussing things there. For me, lists make it easier to work out just what part of the discussion I need to start reading from when I return, and there are likely many reasons I have thought of previously, but cannot at the moment.

I totally agree about forum vs. mailing list too. It's a weird situation
as mailing lists often seem "old school" to some of the young upstarts
these days (people have said that much to me in the past). Personally I
much prefer lists to forums, mainly for consistency of formatting and
the fact all the info I follow is in one place rather than spread out on
20-40 different websites all with different designs etc.

 From the comments so far on that forum, I'm beginning to doubt there is
much point.

I'll probably do as JP suggested and write up my comments properly at
some point.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]