[pulseaudio-discuss] Outputting to one soundcard when two are available

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Jul 16 02:22:12 PDT 2009

ke, 2009-07-15 kello 23:13 -0600, Adam Olsen kirjoitti:
> Ubuntu x86 9.04
>
> I've got two soundcards, one USB headset, one internal soundcard.
> Some applications play sound out of the headset (totem), and some
> output to the internal soundcard.  How can I get them all to output to
> the internal soundcard?

Have you moved some apps (like totem) to the headset with pavucontrol
earlier? If you move streams, pulseaudio remembers the device when the
application plays next time. If you notice an application playing to the
wrong device, move it to the right one using pavucontrol: In the
Playback tab, right click the stream and you get the move menu.

Also, make sure the correct device is set as the default. In the Output
devices tab, right click the internal sound card and select the Default
checkbox.

--
Tanu Kaskinen