[pulseaudio-discuss] Dumb-user question about configuration & tsched=0

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:58:13 PDT 2009

If I revert to the old scheduling by putting "tsched=0" on the
module-hal-detect line in my /etc/pulse/default.pa, does the
"realtime-scheduling" option have any effect?  Or does that option
only matter when the new glitchfree timing is enabled?

I've noticed that Amarok1 works a lot better on my F11 PC with
tsched=0 (filing a bug for my problems as soon as my PA-tracker
account got verified), so I was just wandering through the options.  I
wasn't sure whether "turn off timer-based scheduling" and "turn on
realtime-scheduling" made any sense together.