[pulseaudio-discuss] PA and OS X

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 16 12:17:45 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 16/07/09 19:57 did gyre and gimble:
> pe, 2009-07-17 kello 04:14 +1000, Kim Lester kirjoitti:
>> All,
>>
>> I'm considering using PA for some projects.
>> I have both Mac and Linux boxes. I would like to consider porting it
>> to Mac.
>
> Great! Do you think you could be able to keep the Mac port working as
> new versions are released? It would be pity to see a situation like with
> the Windows port, latest build being version 0.9.6 from 2007.
>
> Do you possibly want to develop audio interfacing for Mac too? There
> would be two separate projects: an output module for playing sound from
> PA and a virtual sound card driver for redirecting sound from any
> program to PA.

This would be very welcome! I'm going to be doing a bit of OSX dev
pretty soon and will hopefully create an iPhone app to control pulse at
some point which would be cool for multiroom setups :)

So keep in touch with how you get one and we can make sure that any
changes you do are incorporated upstream :)

I'll also try and help out, but it'll be a good little while before any
dev can start.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]