[pulseaudio-discuss] Different sinks for different applications

Alvaro Alonso Jiménez alvaroalo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 03:30:20 PDT 2009

Hey everybody!!!

My doubt is the following. Let us assume that we have a server from which I
want to stream the audio for 5 remote clients (in example). In this sense,
imagine I reproduce a song with Rhythmbox in the server, and at the same
time, I play a video in Youtube. As a result, I would like three of the
clients reproducing the song I have been playing in Rhythmbox, and the other
2 playing the sound of the youtube video.

My first thought was using rtp, but Im not sure it will work, because in the
client there is no way to indicate which rtp stream it should listen to (is
there???). Besides, how can I tell Rhythmbox to output the music to one sink
and the other application the other??

Suming up, I need to send different audio streams coming from different
applications to remote clients, and I really dont know how-to.

I hope sb could help me!!!!

Thx a lot!!!!

Alvaro