[pulseaudio-discuss] Difference between (pa_simple_new + pa_simple_read) and pa_stream_connect_record

Alvaro Alonso Jiménez alvaroalo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 01:46:53 PDT 2009

Hey,

I have looked into the API and I have realised that there are two ways of
choosing the PulseAudio API for clients, one simple and the other
asynchronous. I have been trying to use the simple one for my purpose (I
need to record an audio stream, but by using the simple one the system waits
for an application generating sound, so it was not the one I needed), so I
would like to try the asynchronous one... However, I am not sure how to
record an audio stream using the asynchronous one, and the example the API
provides is not clarifying at all..

I beg you whatever hint you could give me.

With kind regards,

Alvaro