[pulseaudio-discuss] not allowed to configure local sound server

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:45:36 PDT 2009

Hello,

On a Debian Testing machine, I have noticed that I am no longer allowed
to configure local sound server in pulseaudio device chooser (got by
padevchooser), presumably after some relevant upgrade in the recent few
weeks. The option in the various tabs in the chooser's interface
are all grayed out. I have seen the same problem in another Testing machine.

In a Debian Unstable machine, however, the options are allowed to be
changed, as expected.

Anybody else facing the same problem? Or know how to fix this?

I belong to pulse-access and pulse-rt groups in addition to audio and video.

This is on kernel 2.6.26-2-686 and I also have:
$> dpkg -l *pulse* | grep ^i | gawk '{print $2 "  " $3}'
gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio  0.10.15-1
libpulse-browse0  0.9.15-2
libpulse-mainloop-glib0  0.9.15-2
libpulse0  0.9.15-2