[pulseaudio-discuss] not allowed to configure local sound server

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 2 02:04:22 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and H.S. at 01/06/09 23:45 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello,
>
> On a Debian Testing machine, I have noticed that I am no longer allowed
> to configure local sound server in pulseaudio device chooser (got by
> padevchooser), presumably after some relevant upgrade in the recent few
> weeks. The option in the various tabs in the chooser's interface
> are all grayed out. I have seen the same problem in another Testing machine.

This incarnation of padevchooser is no longer supported upstream.

All you are using it for here is as a launcher app for paprefs. It would
seem you no longer have this application installed. Try running paprefs
manually and see what happens. Perhaps try installing it if it's been
removed for some reason.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]