[pulseaudio-discuss] Applications that set there role

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jun 2 03:45:08 PDT 2009

On Tue, 02.06.09 11:18, Jason Taylor (killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Are there any applications out there that actually set there media.role
> correctly yet?

libcanberra does. And AFAICS at least RB does. Would be good if
someone would go through all relevant packages and submit patches:

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/tagging-audio.html

These things don't happen out of thin air. Unless someone actually
submits patches applications won't be tagged properly.

One thing that came to my mind recently is that we could extend the
module-augment-properties module to deduce the role automatically from
the 'Categories' item in the .desktop files. If we had a bit of code
that would look for "Games" and then deduce the role is 'games' this
would cover a bit more cases. This should be easy to add.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net