[pulseaudio-discuss] Microphone input filter

Toby Collett tcollett+lists at plan9.net.nz
Tue Jun 2 04:35:06 PDT 2009

Hi all,
I am trying to use the internal microphone in my laptop to make VOIP calls
(actually skype mostly). The quality of the sound is not good at all with
large amounts of background noise when I have the levels up high enough to
get voice. The microphone is usable windows, and I am wondering if this is
due to software filters being applied there? I have been investigating how
to apply something like a low pass or band pass filter to the microphone
input and the ladspa filters seem promising. However pulse audio seems to
only have a ladspa filter as a sink, not for attaching to a source.

Now I am new to pulse audio so I could be misunderstanding how things are
configured a lot. Is there anyone on the list that is able to provide some
guidance about how I can apply a filter to an input stream, or alternatively
other suggestions for improving mic input quality?

Thanks,
Toby Collett

--
This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged
and/or confidential information