[pulseaudio-discuss] Hiccups in audio

nikhil.rao at wipro.com nikhil.rao at wipro.com
Wed Jun 3 23:26:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am currently using pulseausio-0.9.10 in my linux iMX based system. I
use alsa-sink and source for playback and capturing the audio data.

But I am facing problem in getting the audio data right where in I get
some kind of hiccups in between. I feel this is due the latency problem
in the version of pulseaudio I am using.

When I verified the latest version of pulseausio, I found smoother being
used in the alsa-sink module. I hope this is to fix the latency issue
(Please correct me if I am wrong). I want to use this smoother in my
version of pulseaudio if it helps me fix my issue.

My question here is can I use the time smoother frame work in my
alsa-sink module to resolve the "hiccups" issue as is? I would really
appreciate any kind of pointer to this as I have been struggling to get
my audio right.

Note: I don't want to upgrade the pulseaudio to the newer version(which
would probably fix my issue) as I am using an older version of ALSA
package in our sytem which I don't want to upgrade.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhil

www.wipro.com