[pulseaudio-discuss] PA can not load module-jack-sink FnF

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 17:42:48 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 16:05 +0200, Marco Peroverde wrote:
> Hi Lennart!
>
> Ubuntu has no modules for pulseaudio jack support in it's package manager.
> I did the setup according to this guide (german).
> http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Benutzer/Phaiax/ffado
>
> I did this before on Intrepid and there I could manage to let
> PA reroute audio streams to jack. The connection was not reliable
> but it worked.
>
> According to google I'm the only person on this planet who experiances
> this problem...

I'll help out here.

Ubuntu does not have pulse-module-jack, but as the page you posted
shows, there IS a deb from Debian which does. All you need to do,
really, is dpkg the .deb file (or double-click it if you're using Gnome,
the Ubuntu default), instead of copying the modules directly, this may
take care of some other configuration issues.

You may also need to check out the specific versions you're using. I
have pulse-module-jack running on my Ubuntu Studio 9.04 install without
a problem, currently.