[pulseaudio-discuss] PA_SINK_IDLE

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:11:55 PDT 2009

While I am at it, what was the rationale for the new PA_SINK_IDLE
state introduced in 0.9.15. From what I understand this is a running
sink with no incoming data (no non-corked inputs). But the state
transitions in alsa-sink essentially consider this state as a
PA_SINK_RUNNING one.
So if you have a suspended sink and add an input in corked mode, the
sink will go to IDLE mode, which will start transmitting silence and
after a timeout the sink will go to suspend again. D'oh! Why not
suspend if you don't have anything to transmit?
Cheers
Pierre