[pulseaudio-discuss] Patch for VolumeRamping

Zheng, Huan huan.zheng at intel.com
Mon Jun 8 18:09:37 PDT 2009

Will it be part of PulseAudio and provide interfaces like
void pa_sink_input_set_volume_with_ramping(pa_sink_input *i, const pa_cvolume *volume, pa_bool_t save, pa_bool_t absolute, pa_usec_t t);
void pa_sink_input_set_mute_with_ramping(pa_sink_input *i, pa_bool_t mute, pa_bool_t save, pa_usec_t t);

The reason I want to add this feature into PA is for the audio management we are working on, a typical usage model is just like IPhone: a phone call comes in, we want to mute other audio streams with ramping; and after phone call, we want to unmute other audio streams with ramping.

Best Regards, Zheng, Huan(ZBT)

OTC/SSD/SSG

Intel Asia-Pacific Research & Developement Ltd

Tel: 021-6116 6435

Inet: 8821 6435