[pulseaudio-discuss] Question how to send audio to sink

Stefan Rolink stefanrolink at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 06:03:23 PDT 2009

Hey everyone,

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to:

I want pulse audio to send the audio from my linux pc to a another pc
in the network.
now the tricky part is that I don't have pulseAudio installed on the
other pc
(because in the future this pc is actually gonna be a embedded device
with a line-out really)

So what I like to have is that pulseaudio send it's audio to a
specific ip (e.g. 10.0.0.200)
so that i can listen (for instance with vlc) to this stream on the
other pc (10.0.0.200)

My question is:
Is it possible to set up PulseAudio to send a stream to antother pc
(which hasn't got PulseAudio installed), and how can I do this?

Regards,

Stefan