[pulseaudio-discuss] pavucontrol UI change

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jun 13 14:29:34 PDT 2009

Hi Lennart,

Remember a while back I mentioned something about changing the
pavucontrol UI to make it a little more obvious about changing device
(the current right click/menu thing is non-obvious for people).

I've originally changed the design as you know to use a combo box drop
down with the current device for all sinkinput/sourceoutput widgets but
this is a little clunky and not very neat.

I've now done a bit more of a rework and I think it's pretty neat now.

Screen shot attached. Feel free to pull my ui branch if you like it. The
commits go through a little tangent (into the combo box) and while I
could flatten the commits, it would be nice to keep the history
somewhere incase the code can be reused in the future.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]