[pulseaudio-discuss] Sending audio from source to multiple sinks dynamically

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 16 01:20:30 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Matthew Patterson at 16/06/09 04:09 did gyre and gimble:
> I built exactly what you are asking for about a year ago and have been
> using it A LOT ever since. I currently have 6 zones (5 sets of speakers
> + icecast output) and 4 mpd instances. I also have a very rudimentary
> interface to allow any mpd instance to play its sound out of any zone
> (or multiple zones, synced).
>
> I warn you the code is hacky, but perhaps with someone interested in the
> problem it could be cleaned up and turned into a proper open source
> project. It is also based on 0.9.10 and because it works so well (like
> it has NEVER crashed) I haven't ever upgraded anything except MPD to get
> replaygain support.
>
> Email me directly if you are interested.

For a while now Matt I've been interested in creating a "Recipes"
section on the PA website so talk about more advanced uses of PA. It
would be great if you could write up a blog article or similar and then
we can link it on the PA website. Or feel free to create a page directly
on the PA website if you like!! If you don't have time, don't worry. I
completely appreciate the effort involved in writing up these things :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]