[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] [PACKAGERS] New mixer logic in PA

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 22 15:40:44 PDT 2009

On Mon, 22.06.09 13:19, pl bossart (bossart.nospam at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi Lennart,
> this might be a silly question but how would you handle transitions
> between speakers and headset profiles. When the user plugs or unplugs
> their headsets, you would need to change profiles or you would still
> not use the correct control. Not clear to me how the jack detection is
> propagated all the way to this mixer logic? I see mention of udev to
> set the PULSE_PROFILE_SET but the comment hints at a per card
> behavior, not headset plug-unplug. Thanks for your feedback.

This does not cover jack sensing yet.

Unfortunately for none of my cards jack sensing is supported yet in
ALSA. Also the jack sensing interfacing is currently being reworked in
ALSA to be integrated into the control interface instead of
using the input layer for that.

The way this will most likely be exposed is that for each path
definition we'd declare a jack sensor and how its status must be. if
we then detect a jack sense event we'll try to witch to the path whith
the right jack sensor and sensor status set. If there are more than
one paths that qualify we'd pick the one with the higher priority, as
usual.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net