[pulseaudio-discuss] Need Build Help with Libtool Version 2.2

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 23 17:56:59 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Jim Duda at 24/06/09 01:44 did gyre and gimble:
> Jim Duda wrote:
>> I'm running a fedora 10 distribution.
>>
>> To compile newer versions of pulse, I need libtool 2.2 or greater.
>>
>> I've downloaded, compiled, and installed libtool in /usr/local.
>>
>> The fedora version (1.5.26) is still installed in /usr/bin
>>
>> Pulseaudio configure is not finding the version in /usr/local/
>>
>> Is there a way I can get this to work?
>
> FYI, I resolved my problem by removing the fedora version
> and installing the dowloaded version into /usr instead of
> /usr/local.

When working with a distro, it's generally much easier and safer to
rebuild RPMs rather than install random packages into the /usr tree.

I'd have just used the F11 libtool rpm and rebuild that for F10.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]