[pulseaudio-discuss] 0.9.16 + udev 1.4.3 + USB + pavucontrol = crash: Packaging question

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 24 02:09:49 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 24/06/09 09:54 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
>
> When running the latest and greatest kit, pavucontrol will crash with a
> GTK icon error.
>
> It seems to try and load audio-speakers-usb icon which I remember you
> discussing a while back on a blog or mailing list post. I've searched
> all my archives tho' and can't find the reference. I also got a kind
> sole on #fedora-devel to do a search for me and he couldn't find such a
> file on fedora :s
>
> While I'm sure I can fix the actual crashing part and fall back to
> audio-card, I'd like to include these icons before I push 0.9.16 to Cooker.
>
> Any advice on which package I can steal them from in Fedora?

In addition, there seem to be *lots* of icon name variations. (e.g.
additional suffixes).

Looking at the code this could amount to quite a lot of icons.

Do you think it would be worth providing these icons in pulseaudio as
part of the install (and just installing them into /usr/share/icons/hicolor/

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]