[pulseaudio-discuss] exiting on resume of rhythmbox

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 24 06:17:49 PDT 2009

My apologies for responding so tardily here.  I somehow missed this
response from Lennart.

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 01:32 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Hmm, something causes PA to enter a spinning loop here.

Indeed.

> This is not accessible anymore as it seems.

Hrm.  I just tried it and it seems to work from here.

> Hmm, could you try to play around with oprofile a bit to find out
> where exactly PA starts to spin?
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/HowToUseOProfile
>
> It would be good if you could get me the oprofile output from the time
> where PA spins the loop only. i.e. instead of enabling oprofile right
> away, just enable it after pa started spinning. Then let it spin for a
> while and disable oprofile again. Then get me that oprofile data. Can
> you do that?

Sure can.

> Is the kernel you are using patched with all the recent ALSA timing
> patches that went into the fedora kernel?

I'm not sure TBH.  I use the Ubuntu 2.6.27-12-generic (Intrepid) kernel
on Jaunty.  I'd love to use the Jaunty kernel but it's broken.  I have
been considering upping to the Karmic kernel though for a plethora of
reasons.

> It would be good to verify
> that before anyone spends time on tracking down bugs that have already
> been fixed on the distro where all the actual development happens on.

Where/how do I find these timing patches that went into the Fedora
kernel, so that I can see if they have been applied to the Ubuntu
kernels?

b.