[pulseaudio-discuss] RFC: PulseAudio's D-Bus interface

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Jun 28 16:12:21 PDT 2009

Hello everybody!

If you are interested in controlling PulseAudio programmatically, you
may be delighted about the fact that PulseAudio is going to get a
D-Bus interface. I have finished the first draft of the API [1], and
now would be the perfect time to suggest improvements. Implementation
work should start tomorrow (the server lookup part is already done),
so the sooner the comments come in the less I need to fix things :)

The API documentation is fairly complete, but assumes quite broad
knowledge of PulseAudio features. I think documenting all the main
PulseAudio concepts in the wiki would be a good project for somebody
(me?), which the API docs could then refer to.

I wish feedback especially to the "open questions" listed on the wiki
page, and especially from Lennart. Otherwise, if anyone has time, more
thorough reviews of the API would be very welcome! It's a wiki, so
feel free to fix typos and other obvious mistakes yourself.

[1] http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/DBusInterface

--
Tanu Kaskinen