[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] [PACKAGERS] 0.9.15-stable branch now in official git repository

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 30 05:27:24 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Diego E. “Flameeyes” Pettenò at 30/06/09 11:22 did
gyre and gimble:
> Il giorno Tue, 30/06/2009 alle 09.06 +0100, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
>> Please note that tarballs are unlikely to be rolled for stable
>> releases,
>> so packagers are expected to ensure they include these patches
>> themselves.
>
> May I help out to actually get subsequent releases tarballed somehow? :)
> I'd prefer that to having to roll out my own tarball patchset itself...

Well that would need to be coordinated a bit, bumping versions and
rolling the tarballs etc.

While it's not a massive amount of work, it's a bit of a question as to
*when* this is done. After every little patch we add, or on
time/duration basis?

With a stable branch, you just grab it when it's ready, which is more or
less what we want.

I'm happy to discuss things further, but I'm not sure what Lennart's
ultimate thoughts on it are. Don't think he really likes doing the whole
tarball thing anyway and would prefer packagers to be more involved
(more than just grabbing a tarball and running with it anyway) seeing as
integrating pulse into a distro is not just a simple matter of creating
a package.

> In Gentoo for now we only apply ff5b7fb222db265dfbc5f44dc3d55ce6396d78ca
> so if you were to add that to the stable branch too I'd be very happy :)

I'll take a looksee.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]