[pulseaudio-discuss] don't stop_stream_fd when suspending sink/source in bluetooth-device module

Johan Hedberg johan.hedberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 07:35:12 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009, Bu, Long wrote:
> Now the suspend call back will call stop_stream_fd(u) which will send
> BT_STOP_STREAM command. This eventually causes some connected devices(I
> tested with DELL BH200 and Motorola HT800) to disconnect.(BlueZ asks
> connected devices to disconnect audio link only but some devices
> actually disconnect the RFComm link also). And you can not use the
> Bluetooth anymore without reconnecting it. The module-bluetooth-device
> also gets unloaded

Could you attach a hcidump with timestamps whens this happens? After how
long time do the headsets disconnect? As Lennart just mentioned closing
SCO when there's no audio is the desired behavior and we've gotten
complaints from headset and car kit manufacturers (at Bluetooth UnPlugFest
events) when we've been sending silence instead.

Are you using HFP or HSP btw?

Johan