[pulseaudio-discuss] giving custom names to devices

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 08:10:23 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Colin Guthrie<gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Jost-Philip Matysik at 30/06/09 14:30 did gyre and
> gimble:
>>
>> I managed to accomplish the renaming using a pacmd script run at login.
>> It works, so it's definitely no showstopper, but it would be nice to
>> have a GUI front-end for this.
>
> How about this:
>
> http://colin.guthr.ie/images/stories/pa-rename.png

Is the first picture a contextual popup button ?
(opened with a right click on the output device's name ?)
How is the user supposed to know that possibility is there ?
The label is not usually an interactive widget, I think that
would confuse users. Maybe add a mouseover effect to
catch user's eye that there's something you can do with this
label.

--
Vincent Legoll