[pulseaudio-discuss] ALSA plugin "device" parameter

Ove Everlid Ove.Everlid at sun.com
Mon Mar 9 17:08:46 PDT 2009

Sean McNamara wrote:
> Peter,

> You can select which device to use with `pavucontrol` at runtime.

I can see the "default" setting in pavucontrol but under F10 and various
recent rawhide tests I've never been able to use pavucontrol to get
audio output directed to an USB head set I have.

The head set pops up as an output device in pavucontrol but setting it
as default will not get audio to be directed to it (I need to resort to
similar hard methods mentioned in this post to get the default to change).

Shall pavucontrol be able to change default output between speakers and
the headset?

Ove