[pulseaudio-discuss] network audio from command line

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 31 02:01:12 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Maarten Bosmans at 31/03/09 09:41 did gyre and gimble:
> I'm not entirely sure that this is the best solution, but it certainly
> works. Perhaps there should be a paconnect command to patch a source
> and a sink together, with better latency negotiation than with the 2
> pacat solution.

I think this is the best solution available at present.

The kind of work needed to get better latency but also smooth away
dropouts etc. is actually quite complex I believe due to the clock skew.

I think that such a system will eventually make it into core, but it's
quite low on the priority list, so (well collaborated) patches welcome :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]