[pulseaudio-discuss] what port# to open in firewall for pulseaudio

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat May 2 16:24:51 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and bzb999 at gmail.com at 02/05/09 23:35 did gyre and gimble:
> What ports need I open on my firewall such that a remote pulseaudio
> system can discover my system's sound devices.
> Thanks

Oh forgot the *discovery* part in my last email. You need to make sure
Avahi/Bonjour/Zeroconf works (they are the same thing), and possibly
mdns based name resolution too. You'll want UDP 5353 open for that.
Possibly some others too, but that is generic and beyond pulse specifics
so the info should be googleable for that seeing as I don't know off the
top of my head.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]