[pulseaudio-discuss] equalizer for also and pulse audio server

Markus Feldmann feldmann_markus at gmx.de
Tue May 5 05:07:11 PDT 2009

Hi Tanu,

thanks for your answer.

Tanu Kaskinen schrieb:
> 2009/5/5 Markus Feldmann <feldmann_markus at gmx.de>:
>
>> Markus Feldmann schrieb:
>>
>>> doesn't say anything to me. I mean the values following after
>>> ...control= 11.621622,10,4.594594,2.702703,...
>>>
>>> Which value is for which frequency ?
>>> What are the minimums and maximums ?
>>>

> The frequencies are documented for example here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pulseaudio-discuss@mail.0pointer.de/msg00983.html

This should be into some documentation for the users i think.

>> I installed jack and the needed jack plugin, so i think
>> i should get the needed values for the control ?
>>

> Sorry, I don't understand the question.

This was not really a question but further a statement. :-)

But here comes some questions:
I am using pulseaudio 9.10 under debian.
I go through the guide,
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Modules#module-ladspa-sink
but it doesnt works for me.
1.) If i create ~/.pulse/default.pa then pulseaudio
doesn't start at all.
2.) If i put the lines,
load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=ladspa_out master=alsa_out
plugin=mbeq_1197 label=mbeq control=,,
into /etc/pulse/default.pa then the pulseaudio server doesn't start too.
I get this messages:
markus at feld-bert:~$ pulseaudio -Dv
I: main.c: We're in the group 'pulse-rt', allowing real-time and
high-priority scheduling.
I: core-util.c: Successfully gained nice level -11.
E: main.c: daemon startup failed.

> I might announce it already: a working, although incomplete, graphical
> EQ implementation is now available for PulseAudio. It consists of two
> patches: one for pulseaudio-0.9.15 and one for pavucontrol-0.9.8.
> Patched pulseaudio needs to be installed before compiling the patched
> pavucontrol.

I hope i get this in the future for debian lenny over the repositories. :-)

thanks and regards markus