[pulseaudio-discuss] module-suspend-on-idle

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 6 08:14:55 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Claus Ilginnis at 06/05/09 15:11 did gyre and gimble:
> just one question, i'am going to rewrite the module-suspend-on-idle
> plugin, for me to send
> kernel messages to another programm ( so that i can turn my speaker on
> and off )
>
> 1: are you interested in the result ?
> 2: if so - is there a better way to communicate ?

I wouldn't rewrite this module but rather write your own, independent
module that watches for when sinks become suspended and take the
appropriate action. The module API provides all the necessary glue for
you to listen for such events and means your code is completely separate
and stand alone (and thus easier to maintain :))

If the code is generic then it would be great if you could share it.
Wouldn't use it myself as I don't think I have any hardware that would
work with this, but others may like it :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]