[pulseaudio-discuss] 4.1 Channel Audio in Fedora 10 not working

Creighton Swank swankcr at gmail.com
Fri May 8 23:15:57 PDT 2009

 Good evening all.

I did a few google searches, and have really found nothing that solves my
problem. I just installed Fedora 10 on my new machine. It's got an onboard
audio card that I have my old Logitech 4.1 speakers plugged in to.

I cannot seem to get any audio to come out of the rear speakers. The sub
kicks, but it's dirty.  I have to turn the volume way up in order to hear
anything, and it gets very distorted. I tried editing default.pa to reflect
a custom channel_map (basically appended on the module-aksa-sink lines from
paman, and put them in /etc/pulse/default.pa), but it really didn't change
the scenario. It did, however, reflect the map in paman after a reboot. I
basically added this:
channels=5 channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,lfe

I am at my wit's end. It's late, and I'm tired. Anything you all could do to
help me out would be much appreciated.

Full hardware info and config files can be provided at your request.

--
--Creighton