[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio and hal deprecation/DeviceKit.

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Mon May 11 15:51:16 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:47:31PM EST, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> (I strongly believe that it is possible to write a generic hda driver,
> and make it work with most computers without magic initialization for
> each and every laptop model out there)

I don't know how much you know about hda, but one generic hda driver is kind of what we have now. The reason so many machines require different quirks, is because the pinout for the hda chip in those machines differs from most if not all others, not to mention the different codecs, and the differing codec hda implementations and pinouts.

Luke