[pulseaudio-discuss] module-ladspa-sink cause crash on 0.9.15

Christophe Mehay christophe.mehay at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 12 17:15:02 PDT 2009

Hello,

Pulseaudio was updated on Debian testing today. But module-ladspa-sink
stop pulseaudio loading.

This is the log :

> pulseaudio[5755]: sink-input.c: Assertion
> 'PA_SINK_INPUT_IS_LINKED(i->thread_info.state)' failed at
> pulsecore/sink-input.c:807, function
> pa_sink_input_update_max_request(). Aborting.

system.pa

> [...]
> # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
> # General Public License for more details.
> #
> # You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
> # along with PulseAudio; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
> # Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.
>
> # This startup script is used only if PulseAudio is started in system
> # mode.
>
> ### Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available
> .ifexists module-hal-detect.so
> load-module module-hal-detect
> .else
> ### Alternatively use the static hardware detection module (for
> systems that
> ### lack HAL support)
> load-module module-detect
> .endif
>
> ### Load several protocols
> .ifexists module-esound-protocol-unix.so
> load-module module-esound-protocol-unix
> .endif
> load-module module-native-protocol-unix auth-anonymous=1
>
> ### Automatically restore the volume of streams and devices
> load-module module-stream-restore
> load-module module-device-restore
>
> ### Automatically restore the default sink/source when changed by the
> user during runtime
> load-module module-default-device-restore
>
> ### Automatically move streams to the default sink if the sink they are
> ### connected to dies, similar for sources
> load-module module-rescue-streams
> #load-module module-null-sink
>
> ### Make sure we always have a sink around, even if it is a null sink.
> load-module module-always-sink
>
> ### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
> #load-module module-suspend-on-idle
>
> ### Enable positioned event sounds
> load-module module-position-event-sounds
>
> ### Network access (may be configured with paprefs, so leave this
> commented
> ### here if you plan to use paprefs)
> #load-module module-esound-protocol-tcp
> load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1
> load-module module-zeroconf-publish
>
> ### Load something into the sample cache
> load-sample-lazy x11-bell /usr/share/sounds/gtk-events/activate.wav
> load-sample-lazy pulse-hotplug /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
> load-sample-lazy pulse-coldplug /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
> load-sample-lazy pulse-access /usr/share/sounds/generic.wav
>
> .fail
>
> ### Sink processing
> # Limiteur
>
> load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=compresseur
> plugin=dyson_compress_1403 label=dysonCompress control=-4,0.5,,4
> load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=fort-compresseur
> plugin=dyson_compress_1403 label=dysonCompress control=-10,0.5,,10
>

> update-sink-proplist compresseur device.description="Compresseur"
> update-sink-proplist fort-compresseur device.description="Gros
If I comment the two line load-module module-ladspa-sink, the daemon
start. But nothing if I leave them.

I waited the update for the update-sink-proplist functionality... Is
there any way to launch pulseaudio with module-ladspa-sink ?

Thank you