[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio 0.9.15 and no sound on Ubuntu

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Thu May 14 09:03:46 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'd like to correct myself that the last positive results
that I reported in ``Distribution kernels and glitch-free''
were still on 0.9.14 because our earlier attempt to install
0.9.15 from Debian wasn't really successful, which we missed.

We however tried to install 0.9.15 now from Ubuntu Karmic
and we can't get any sound to play (it seems to be playing,
but we can't hear sound). The logfiles and pacmd ls are here:

http://www.freebsoft.org/~hanke/pulse-3.log
http://www.freebsoft.org/~hanke/pacmd-3.log

This does not seem to be connected with the latency
experiments as it does the same for just mplayer.
I can see a lot of Device or resource busy, which is
strange given that this SBLive is a multi-channel
soundcard.

We might have not installed some dependencies
or something, I don't know.

Thanks for any help,
Hynek Hanke