[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio 0.9.15 and no sound on Ubuntu

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Fri May 15 06:34:33 PDT 2009

    LP> This looks good.

    LP> If you use "pacat /dev/urandom", do you hear that?
    >> Nothing.

Sorry, I was wrong I hear acoustic noice.

    LP> Do you ever see signal on the volume meter bar of the
    LP> application?

    LP> Does your machine have an internal sound card? Does playback
    LP> work on that?
Yes, via but it sounds not goot it resample the sound under.

    LP> (As mentioned SBLive support on Linux is not that good)
Yes, but under pulse 9.14 works.

    LP> Please post the output of pulseaudio -vvvv somewhere.
I probably know where can be a problem. The SB LIVE need some
initialization. If I play some sounds with aplay BEFORE a starting
pulseaudio then pulse audio works with SB LIVE too. But if first start
pulseaudio then nothing to sounds on SB LIVE. You can do:

1. aplay sound
2. killal pulse (because aplay runs the pulse)
3. start pulse (aplay must still run)
4. pacat /dev/urandom, it sounds via SB!

Here are two logs. 1. aplay first plaing, second pulse is first so it
not works with SB LIVE.

http://www.freebsoft.org/~buchal/aplayfirst.log
http://www.freebsoft.org/~buchal/pulsefirst.log

Thanks