[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound works, still returns error "alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device"

Saeed Abbassi saeed144 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 01:36:53 PDT 2009

Hey Lennart,

I've upgraded to FC 10, and tried to run my Java application, Got the same
error,

While the Java application running, the PulseAudio was running (according to
top -p PA_process_ID)
*javax.sound.sampled.LineUnavailableException: line with format PCM_UNSIGNED
11025.0 Hz, 8 bit, mono, 1 bytes/frame,  not supported.*

Here is what *dmesg* says:

ALSA sound/pci/ac97/ac97_codec.c:2122: AC'97 0 analog subsections not ready
intel8x0_measure_ac97_clock: measured 51814 usecs
intel8x0: measured clock 212 rejected
intel8x0: clocking to 48000

Please, Any clue would help,
Regards,