[pulseaudio-discuss] pulse output from Flash 10

Peter Joanes pjoanes at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 13:23:14 PDT 2009

I'm new to using pulseaudio, but have it setup so that mplayer can either
output to a local user instance, or to the remote server running on my
display.
I've run the local instance for testing, with module-null-sink and running
"pulseaudio -v -v -v" to see what's happening.

Various websites suggest that Flash 10 has pulseaudio support "built-in", but
everytime I load a flash video the console fills with messages about there
being no ALSA devices (which there aren't).
I've tried setting PULSE_SERVER and FLASH_FORCE_PULSEAUDIO, to no effect -- I
can't get the flash plugin to connect to pulseaudio like mplayer does.
Also the following command produces no output, which I expected it to:
	# strings libflashplayer.so|grep libpulse

Is it necessary to use Flash via an pulseaudio ALSA plugin? That would seem to
contradict the available information.

Any ideas would be very welcome,

-		Peter Joanes.