[pulseaudio-discuss] Ubuntu Hardy, Pulseaudio and Jack

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun May 24 12:42:34 PDT 2009

On Sun, 24.05.09 11:23, Mark Greenwood (fatgerman at ntlworld.com) wrote:

> Another situation in which it makes sense is one like my audio
> production PC, where I don't have an ALSA-supported soundcard - I
> use FFADO and JACK. This means I can only get sound out of
> jack-aware applications.
>
> I've used module-jack-sink but found that it wasn't very good. I run
> JACK with a latency of 0.8ms and Pulseaudio couldn't keep up.

Gah. PA should have no problem keeping up with that.

OTOH latencies of 0.8ms are crackish anyway.

And then again, it doesn't make any sense to use firewire sound crds
for desktop purposes. But if it would, it should be a relatively easy
job to implement an FFADO plugin for PA.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net