[pulseaudio-discuss] Ubuntu Hardy, Pulseaudio and Jack

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun May 24 12:52:34 PDT 2009

On Sun, 24.05.09 19:33, rosea grammostola (rosea.grammostola at gmail.com) wrote:

> > > From what version does pulseaudio work this way? Does it work in Ubuntu
> > > 9.04 already (pulseaudio 1:0.9.14-0ubuntu20).
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Lennart
> >

> Ok, thanks.
>
> About that Ubuntu Hardy (LTS) pulseaudio issue. In a quote you said
> pulseaudio wasn't implemented pretty well in Hardy....
> What do you recommend to users who are using Hardy and find good audio
> performance important.
> Is it possible to fix it and make pulseaudio on Hardy better? How?

I have no clue what "hardy" is. I figure that's a distribution
version? When I made that comment it was referring to the Ubuntu
version that was current then.

I am a Red Hat guy. So all I know is that in Fedora it is pretty well
integrated. I know that, because I did it.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net