[pulseaudio-discuss] get x11.xid

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 16:34:18 PDT 2009

I've worked around this by using xlib to grab the pid of the window
application and that seems to work..

No applications seem to set xid yet that I can see (banshee, rythembox, vlc,
mplayer, totem etc)

For my next trick....
pa_stream_peek seems to scale the data down by the sinks volume level... is
there a way to get the data "unscaled" (excuse my misuse of the
terminology)?

Jason Taylor

2009/5/25 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>

> On Mon, 25.05.09 09:43, Jason Taylor (killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to reliably get an Xid for a sink_input_info or client ?
> >
> > I see that proplist has it listed as
> > PA_PROP_WINDOW_X11_XID<
> http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/pulseaudio/doxygen/proplist_8h.html#cffcfbc6e950bd892da9e93ceac66ac0
> >
> >    "window.x11.xid"
> >
> > But it dosn't seem to be set ie for Banshee I get
>
> It depends on the application to set this property. And most
> applications simply don't. One of the problems here is that Gstreamer
> doesn't really have an API to attach a stream to a window. Would be
> good if it had.
>
> Sound events generated from libcanberra do set this property in most
> cases.
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering                        Red Hat, Inc.
> lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
> http://0pointer.net/lennart/           GnuPG 0x1A015CC4

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven