[pulseaudio-discuss] Ubuntu Hardy, Pulseaudio and Jack

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 25 12:22:09 PDT 2009

On Mon, 25.05.09 19:47, rosea grammostola (rosea.grammostola at gmail.com) wrote:

> BTW in Debian you have the package: pulseaudio-module-jack
> http://packages.debian.org/nl/lenny/pulseaudio-module-jack
>
> What is the aim of that package and how to use it

As mentioned we have two modules to connect PA to JACK. Called
module-jack-sink and module-jack-source. Presumably those are the
modules included in that package.

> (Ubuntu doesn t seems to
> have that package)?

I think the Ubuntu folks have a weird seperation between the core
.debs and the non-core .debs. PA is among the former, JACK among the
latter. Since core stuff is not allowed to depend on non-core stuff
they build PA without JACK support.

Which is completely broken if I may say so, The Ubuntu folks really
should get that fixed.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net