[pulseaudio-discuss] Ubuntu Hardy, Pulseaudio and Jack

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue May 26 15:53:08 PDT 2009

On Mon, 25.05.09 15:49, Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey at boosthardware.com) wrote:

> - It's very cool that PA is now able to auto configure itself to cede
> control of the default device when JACK is started. Do you know which
> version of jack this works with as I would like to run some tests? jackd
> (1.0), jack2 (jackdmp), jackdbus (jack2 with dbus), jackvideo (jackd
> with video frame support)...

On PA's side it's PA 0.9.15. On JACK's side I don't know the exact
version this started to be supported, but you probably should be
looking for jackdbus.

> - I would love to see an addition to pavucontroller which allows the
> user to choose to auto connect to JACK and remember which jack ports PA
> were connected between sessions.

Dunno if that belongs in pavucontrol.

I consider the JACK code in PA mostly a toy for niche uses, and it is
as useful as it could get. I fear if you want to see it beefed up
beyond its current state you have to get your own hands dirty.

Patches always welcome.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net