[pulseaudio-discuss] get x11.xid

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue May 26 16:55:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, 27.05.09 11:45, Jason Taylor (killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Talk about fast response.. :)
>
> I don't control the application making the sound
>
> I'm trying to work around the  flash/firefox not releasing its sink input
> correctly.. the only way I know of to detect if it is active is using peek
> to read the data in the stream.
>
> When flash/firefox is making noise I can then mute banshee
>
> If flash/firefox is not making noise I want to unmute banshee
>
> Yes flash should do the right thing... only it dosn't so im hacking around
> it
>
> If there is a way to detect the signal flash is outputing thats exactly what
> Im after...

Ah, OK, I get it.

I guess there's no clean API for achieving this in PA. And given that
this is mostly a work around for a broken app I don't really see the
need to start working on that for me personally ;-)

I think you best option is going via the null sink for now, as you
already found out.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net