[pulseaudio-discuss] 0.9.19 buffer size

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 07:48:47 PST 2009

Hi again,
I am not sure what changed between 0.9.14 and 0.9.19, but whereas
0.9.14 ran beautifully with my code, 0.9.19 runs like a pig !

To explain what I mean by that, I set my target buffer size to 2048,
and in 0.9.14 I used get buffer size requests more or less of that
size. In 0.9.19 I get buffer size requests which are around 30K ! The
problem is my app cannot keep up with this, and when there is other
activity going on I get an undeflow - then after the underflow for
some reason the write callbacks are no longer called !

How can I address these problems in my code ?

Cheers,
Salsaman
http://lives.sourceforge.net