[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio locked after modifying /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

Kaj Ailomaa ailomaa at msn.com
Mon Nov 2 05:02:51 PST 2009

I have three soundcards plus some usb midi devices. In order to have
them load in the same order at every boot I
modified /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
I added these lines:

options snd-ice1712 index=0
options snd-ice1712 index=1
options snd-hda-intel index=2
options snd-usb-audio index=3,4,5 vid=0x0582,0x0763,0x0763
pid=0x0012,0x1011,0x0117

(I'm running Ubuntustudio 9.10.)
Now pulseaudio is locked after boot.
I have to kill it, so it can restart automaticly. And then it works.

I have to have the cards in a specific order, but maybe there is another
way?