[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio to airport express on ubuntu jaunty

Denis Haskin denis at haskinferguson.net
Tue Nov 10 17:06:03 PST 2009

Well, I was about to post a question because I wasn't able to connect to
my airport express using pulseaudio on ubuntu jaunty, but I just went
and switched default output device back to HDA Intel, and suddenly it's
working (streaming to the AEX).

Was not straightforward, though, and I'm willing to bet I'll have to
jump through hoops next time I try again.

(fyi, I installed using the instructions here:
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Template:Jaunty/Hardware#Airport_Express )

The modules module-raop-sink and -discover were not loaded automatically
(like in http://pulseaudio.org/ticket/492), but if I did a "pactl
load-module module-raop-discover" it loaded manually, and found my AEX.

But it wasn't producing any output for a while, despite my random
wanderings through pulseaudio dialogs.  Finally, as I said, I went back
and de-selected the AEX as the default sink, and suddenly I started to
get output.

Hopefully it will work again next time ;-)  Nice, though!

dwh